Carlie St. George
- World’s Worst Trekkie: Carlie Takes On “Space Seed”
- World’s Worst Trekkie: Carlie Takes On “The Return of the Archons”
- Triple Scoop Reviews: Hotel Artemis, Ocean’s Eight, and The Last of Sheila
- Lil Spooky Reviews: The Thing, The Haunting, and The Haunting of Hill House
- World’s Worst Trekkie: Carlie Takes On “Court Martial”
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Actual Good Chemistry
- Awesome Kickass Heroines
- Awesome Villain Alert
- Bad Horror
- Bechdel Fail
- Books To Movies
- CGI Fail
- Chemistry? What's Chemistry?
- Clarion West
- Comic Book Movies
- Detective Movie!
- Editing Fail
- Er This Isn't How Hospitals Work
- Every Story Is Better With Assassins
- Evil Aliens
- Fairy Tales
- Good Sequels
- Heart Knowledge!
- Hey That's Not a Bad American Accent
- Horror Comedies
- How Can You Possibly Be This Terrible Without Trying?
- I'm Only Here To Be Your Love Interest
- I Love Me A Good Cameo.
- I Love You! I've Known You a Day!
- Incompetent Cops
- I Watch Old Movies So I Can Pretend I'm Cultured.
- Jimmy Noooo!
- Less Like A Plot Hole. More Like A Plot Canyon.
- Not Exactly Girl Power
- Oh Look It's New York Again
- Oh the Controversy
- One Woman In the Whole Movie Huh?
- Originals Vs Remakes
- Oscar Winners and Nominees
- Protagonist I Hate You
- Scene Stealers
- Score/Soundtrack Made of WIn
- Siblings Unite!
- Sidekicks Rock
- Star Trek!
- Strong Female Character!
- Teen Wolf
- The Best Protagonists Have Dead Families
- The Sacrifice Play
- This Ending Sucks
- This Had Potential. It Just Failed.
- Time Travel!
- Totally Called It
- Two Whole Female Characters? I'm Shocked by this Almost Attempt at Gender Equality.
- Villain Fail
- When Good Actors Go Bad
- World's Worst Trekkie Review
- Wow Your Love Interest Is A Dick
- WTF Ending
- Yeah That's a Subtle Name Choice
Tag Archives: LA Story
Somewhat recently, The Dark ran a successful Kickstarter campaign that not only secured funding for two more years, but also raised their pay rates from .03 to .06 cents a word, making them a pro-paying magazine. This is awesome news … Continue reading
Well, I reviewed Fast and Furious 6. Might as well review Furious 7. When it comes to one-upping the previous movie on completely ludicrous stunts . . . this is a “hold my beer” franchise, isn’t it?
I watched my last modern noir of the year. I like Drive — it’s stylish and well-crafted — but I don’t love it the way I might have hoped.
Noir is well-known for private detective protagonists, down-on-their-luck protagonists, and just generally kind of surly protagonists. It’s also, unfortunately, a genre made up almost entirely of white protagonists. And then we have Easy Rawlins. I watched Devil in a Blue Dress … Continue reading